LYNX-DEV Re: Fwd: accessing hotmail.com

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Fwd: accessing hotmail.com
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 22:14:55 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Bently Slade said:

> Dear Al,
> As it ends up they say they have put a "firewall" up so nobody c on the
> lynx can re. Im not sure whym, I thought firewals were for people trying
> to get "in" to something, not out to mail. Anyway, i guess it wasnt a
> lynx problem afterall. But if I do need to extend the link time for a
> slow responding page or telnet, what is the command?

I am not aware of a user adjustment for that.  But I am copying
lynx-dev in case it's there and I just don't know.  It's best to
write to address@hidden with lynx help questions.  [The
address@hidden address just sends it on to the developers
at this time.]

For servers whose attention you can't get in time -- try later.
It does happen to all of us.  If it's a download problem, you might
want to try some of Henry Nelson's tricks he explained in a
message archived at

 http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0997/msg00151.html

--
Al