LYNX-DEV multiprocessing with Lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV multiprocessing with Lynx
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 13:48:11 -0400 (EDT)

Lynx has problems with Control-Z.

A workaround I use is to background the other things I am doing
and run Lynx in the foreground.  This gives you some relief
if not full flexibility.

There is at least one emacs junkie out there who described a
session style where he starts a persistent emacs process, uses
that as his personal editor in Lynx, and hence has his
multiprocessing sesion accessible _under_ lynx instead of vice
versa.  And can cut and paste between Web and mail.

But if what you want to do is run big GETs in the background, you
want to set up to use other-than-Lynx tools in those processes.

-- Al Gilman
;
;