LYNX-DEV Lynx bug report

From: Thomas Jones
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug report
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 21:38:13 -0400 (EDT)

-Software trouble report-

To the Lynx development organization:
cc: Sailor online system

I am using Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.24, running at the Sailor online system
in Baltimore, Maryland. The URL at the page was:

     http://www.nationaljob.com:8800/pjscout/chwho.pl
     address@hidden
     &password=wotetro=&cpassword=wotetro

As I have noticed on several sites, there is a bug in the software
involving the -choice- or -selection- boxes when filling in a form.

Specifically, there are two kinds of boxes which you can fill in:
One of them displays as a pair of brackets like this [ ]; the other
is a pair of parens. Anyway, the box involving [ ] shows the
following symptoms, at least as installed on Sailor:

(1) If you move the cursor to a particular box, the box will vanish
from the screen.

(2) If you type X to select the box, the X will not display on the
screen.

The bug is clearly in Lynx; I have run into it at several sites.

Sincerely yours,

Tom Jones
Thomas L. Jones, Ph.D. (Computer Science)

;
;