LYNX-DEV news: handling

From: WHITLOCK
Subject: LYNX-DEV news: handling
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:04:55 -0500 (CDT)

I just got a report from a fellow Lynx user that news: stopped working
for him.  It used to be that he could Go to a URL like "news:comp.risks";
get a list of articles, hit enter on one, and read it.  Just recently,
however, that stopped working.  The list of articles comes up, but
selecting one gives a message: "Alert! 430 No such article".  The href
on each item is of the form
Should that really have another host name at the end? (I don't know what
the hrefs looked like when it was working, unfortunately.)

Is this something that could have been caused by a change in the news
server configuration?  What else might the problem be?  It's the same lynx
that's been in for a while, though I suppose it's possible that the last
time it worked was longer ago than he thought.  Pine and Netscape are
both working ok still; it's just Lynx that has a problem.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

  -- Brad Whitlock
;
;