LYNX-DEV cp1252 (shudder)

From: Alan J. Flavell
Subject: LYNX-DEV cp1252 (shudder)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 22:38:58 +0000 (GMT)

A question was raised as to whether these horrible MS-created quasi HTML
documents that use cp1252 (whether overtly or not), that one finds so
often on the web, could get their curly quotes presented as ordinary
quotes.  It naturally occurred to me to try this in a development version
of Lynx, to see if this is a supported combination.

So I'd want to recognise charset=cp1252 (or should that be cp-1252?),
when the display charset was iso-8859-1 (or 7-bit ascii, whatever).
But it seemed to want to download the document, rather than trying
to render it.  Perhaps I haven't hit on the right combination, or
is this asking for something too unreasonable?

cheers
;
;