LYNX-DEV Lynx as interim step in doing a web page..

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx as interim step in doing a web page..
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:01:52 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Al Gilman wrote:
>to follow up on what Willem van de Mortel said:
>
>>       Can you tell me how i can fill in a form with lynx and send it
>> automaticly?
>
>There is a little-documented function which operates off two
>command-line options known as -post_data and -get_data.  For one
>working application of these see
>
> LYNX-DEV Re: -post_data
> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1097/msg00690.html

Jeez, does this mean I could use Lynx as a part of a web page idea I want to
do?

In other words, instead of using Perl to be the "browser" I could use
Lynx to do it (which would be easier since it'd handle the cookie stuff
automagically) and then just parse the *output* with some Perl code?

This is probably a very very very bad idea (huge waste of resources), but
for some reason it still seems kinda neat.  (I like brute force/Gilligan's
Island style solutions sometimes..)  But I won't actually use it unless
someone says it's not as bad as writing custom Perl to do the same thing.