Re: LYNX-DEV fatal error compiling ac-0.98 on Solaris2.6, gcc2.7.2.3

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fatal error compiling ac-0.98 on Solaris2.6, gcc2.7.2.3
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 07:13:14 -0500 (EST)

> On Sat, 6 Dec 1997 20:15:22 -0500 (EST), "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> said:
> >that's odd - someone sent me a terminfo binary file from OSF/1; the
> >string counts didn't match up - so either the file was corrupt, or you're
> >not using the higher indices of the string table (I don't have the file any
> >more - but possibly someone might have an OSF/1 box).
>
> I do know that an earlier version of AIX used an incompatible terminfo
> format but that appears to nolonger be true of more recent versions of
> the OS.
that's unrelated (we have an AIX 3.x box at work, which I'm aware is even
more incompatible, and I've read that current AIX and SCO are supposed to
be based on SVr4 specs, which would imply file format to me, anyway).  The
file that I was analyzing was supposed to be a current OSF/1 file -- it may
be in my email, but I don't remember if it was indeed OSF/1 4.x or a 3.x
box.  The file's string table was ordered differently from the SVr3/SVr4
files (SVr3 is a quasi-subset of SVr4), and the length did not correspond
to the maximum index in the string table.

Perhaps someone who's running on an OSF/1 box will tell us what's really
going on.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden