Re: LYNX-DEV minor chartrans fixing before release proposed

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV minor chartrans fixing before release proposed
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 00:43:55 -0500 (EST)

Leonid Pauzner <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]
>2) Assume_charset (and Display_charset) have a multiple choice list:
>let charsets would be ordered according languages, not platforms,
>because user usually sure in language or country
>but not in remote platform. (Already done for VMS by Fote.)

        There are no Unix versus VMS differences in the charset listing
orders for 2.7.1fm, nor for the devel code.  I ordered them by language
in 2.7.1fm when I added a bunch of unicode tables.  They were added to
the devel code in the -93 "merge", but ordered by platform.  What you're
complaining about in the devel code would also apply to it for VMS.
You're perhaps looking at the header orders in build-chrtrans.com
(which was copied as is from 2.7.1fm) and assuming that determines the
listing order, but it doesn't.  The changes would need to be made in
the devel code's LYCharSets.c and UCdomap.c.

                                Fote