Re: LYNX-DEV Proxy service

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Proxy service
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 21:18:25 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Brian Schramm said:

> I would like to know how to set up Lynx 2.7.2 to run on a network that
> has a proxy server.  With netscape I just setup automatic configure but
> I would still like to know how to set up Lynx.

Check out the proxy designation section of lynx.cfg.

To find lynx.cfg, search with '/' for "lynx.cfg" in

  http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ/

If you have authentication issues, you may need to tweak it a little
beyond that, but I don't think that is going to be a problem on bigfoot.

> I am running it on Debian 1.31 Linux.

In this case the issue is how the proxy is configured, not so much
your environment where Lynx is running.

Al Gilman