LYNX-DEV 2.8pre3 compiles effortlessly on Digital Unix 4.0

From: Michael Warner
Subject: LYNX-DEV 2.8pre3 compiles effortlessly on Digital Unix 4.0
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 21:47:32 -0800

For what it's worth:

2.8pre3, on: (uname -a) OSF1 unicorn V4.0 564 alpha, configure run from
the following script:

#!/usr/local/bin/tcsh
setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/tmp/warner/include -I/usr/local/include"
setenv LIBS "-L/tmp/warner/lib -L/usr/local/lib"
./configure --exec-prefix=$HOME --mandir=$HOME/man --enable-externs \
--enable-nsl-fork --with-screen=slang --with-zlib

I edited the makefile only to change the install-help location (due to
personal preference, not a configure error).

make, make install, and make install-help went without a hitch, and the
executable seems to work fine, as far as I can tell (which isn't far, I
admit).

I tinkered with EXTERNAL a little, without notable effect, but I think
that's the result of operator ignorance, rather than program error.

All in all, a resounding success.  Thanks to all.

Oh yeah, people were discussing lynx's footprint.

Unstripped: 2,072,576
  Stripped: 1,417,216   (no change from ac-105)

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>