Re: LYNX-DEV Doc changes for lynx.hlp, lynx.man

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Doc changes for lynx.hlp, lynx.man
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 10:56:14 -0500 (EST)

> 980309 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > 980309 Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
> > > I only see lynx2.8pre.5 on Scott's lynx/current page.
> > except for the version number it's identical to 2.8pre.5
> > I didn't change the version number in the script that generates the web-page
>
> shouldn't everything now say  Lynx 2.8 , to show it's a  Release!!  ... ?
yes - but I got sidetracked before updating the web pages (will work on that
tonight).

btw, while we're on the topic:  I think it's best to make a page that
covers both 2.8 and 2.7.2 - essentially move Fote's page & link to that,
with a summary of the differences.  At the moment there's a directory
named 'release', which Fote created, and I think there's room for 2.8
there as well - but the index.html should be adjusted.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden