LYNX-DEV Some suggestions

From: FrEdY <FrEdY
Subject: LYNX-DEV Some suggestions
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 19:45:54 -0600 (CST)

      Hello! First of all, let me congratulate your work: I think LYNX
   is really cool, and FAST (most important thing for me).

      I'd like to make some suggestions:

   - Inclusion of a 'GOTO CURSOR BUFFER' option. Sometimes, the cursor
     is over a LINK, but I want to go to 'part' of the link.
     Example:
     The cursor is over 'http://www.example.com/users/me/index.html' and
     I wanna go to 'http://www.example.com/users/'.
     With actual Lynx, when I press 'G', I can't see what the cursor was
     pointing at, so I have to remember the link , and it's embarrasing.

   - Another variant of this one is 'GOTO DOCUMENT BUFFER':
     When I'm on a WEB page, for example, the same as above, and I'd want
     to go to 'part' of the address that contains the document.
     With an option like this, it would be possible, and it's really
     useful.

   - Make an 'ACCEPT ALL COOKIES' option, to avoid cookies requesters.

   - Forms have the 'x' option for NO CACHE. Why don't you enable this for
     all links? I think this way is better than going to the cache document
     and press CTRL R to reload it.

   - Could be possible some JAVA implementation?

     I think this is all. I hope you find these suggestions interesting.

                                                                   Thanks.

      PD: I've seen that Lynx 2.8 has been released today. Maybe it
          contains some of these hints, but I haven't tested it yet!

                                                             FrEdY
                                                      address@hidden