Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 00:00:39 -0500 (EST)

[ omitting flames by M Sokolov and P Webb... ]

I haven't kept up on all the threads here lately
(I read lynx-dev intermittently when I have time).
but i was under the impression that all parties agreed that
2.8 was to be the devel code.
Now it sounds as if there are competing versions.
Has Tom's 2.8 been advertised?  Is it the official version?
or are Fote and Mike working on a separate version?
If they are, are they going to start their own mailing list???? :(

I should point out that the list of features of interest to blind users
that I posted last week are all in 2.7.2, not just 2.8.
I might also say I have agreed with Fote on some misgivings about parts of
the devel code -- parsing strategy and complexity of the chartrans code
to name a few, as I had occasion to look at that code.

It would be a shame to lose fote and mike as contributors.
But if 2.8 does have a "twin" I'd be interested in seeing
how it progresses.

*sigh*
--le