Re: LYNX-DEV UNIXish and DOSish software

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV UNIXish and DOSish software
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:35:02 -0500 (EST)

> TED> but you can compile with a fallback description & not install the
> TED> terminfo database at all (it's been in the distribution since 4.1
> TED> came out last spring).
>
> I know.  But JJGR has been having trouble with fallbacks, so he hasn't
> compiled them into EMX ncurses.  I don't have time to get his patches
> and build my own ncurses just for Lynx and to try to track down the
> problem.
well, I'll keep this in mind for the next time I work on EMX - perhaps it
was a problem with the dll generating process (his makefile rules weren't
clear enough for me to do that part myself).  He'd mentioned some problems
resolving data references when building dll's.

Anyway - integrating his remaining changes into the distribution was one
of three large chunks that I promised to do once 4.2 was out (it's been
a couple of weeks, and I've started on that).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden