Re: lynx-dev mackido.com -- 400 error

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mackido.com -- 400 error
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 18:11:33 -0700

On Sat, Apr 25, 1998, Matt Ackeret <address@hidden> wrote:

> go to www.mackido.com..  go to the history link.
>
> I get a 400 error back.  Does this happen with other browers?  (I tried
> to go to this from a mention made on a newsgroup..)

Check whether your lynx.cfg sets

        STRIP_DOTDOT_URLS:FALSE

and if so reset it to TRUE.

That's what made the difference for me.

The page uses the (improper?) style: <A HREF="../History/">History</A>
and lynx has to strip the leading dots, I believe.  I scanned quickly
for any other way to change this post-compilation, and I don't think
there's any command-line switch, key-stroke command, or option to do
it.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>