Re: lynx-dev patch: alternate characters on Digital UNIX 4.0

From: Tomas Vanhala
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch: alternate characters on Digital UNIX 4.0
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 10:06:39 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> But: does the original problem exist there?  (Solaris curses was
> sign-extending the values in acs_map when they happened to be >127).

I have not verified this, but I suppose there is no reason to believe
that this particular bug would exist in Digital UNIX. The reason I sent
the patch was that the configure script was using acs_map to test for
the presence of alternate character set support. The test failed on
Digital UNIX, which led to lynx being built without ACS support.

Tomas V.