lynx-dev Re: Lynx's 2.8 buffer overflow [BSDI-Support-Request #50572]

From: Jeffrey C Honig
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx's 2.8 buffer overflow [BSDI-Support-Request #50572]
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:40:05 -0400

Do you have, or will you soon have a patch to 2.8 the buffer overflow
problem in 2.8 (as described below)?  I have also verified that this
is a problem with 2.6 and 2.7.2.  We would like to be able to provide
a quick response for our customers and would appreciate any help you
could provide in addressing this problem.

We are distributing Lynx 2.6 with our current OS release (3.1) and
planned on distributing 2.7.2 with 4.0, but we should still be able to
upgrade to 2.8 before the release to address this security concern.
We will also consider upgrading our 3.1 customers to 2.8+patch if that
is necessary.

Thanks.

Jeff