Re: lynx-dev cleaning up color options

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cleaning up color options
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 18:33:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Laura Eaves wrote:

> I think there should be a single toggle option
>       -color
>
> Anyone disagree?

I think that there was considerable discussion on the list several
months ago about toggles in general, and how this concept was confusing
to many people, especially when the value could be toggled in
userdefs.h, lynx.cfg, .lynxrc, and the command line. The result of doing
a toggle on the command line thus became non-intuitive. Hence the recent
trend to make options as -option=on, -option=1, or -option+. I would
recommend that if anyone redoes the -color option, that it be in the
newer format, rather than a toggle.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman