Re: lynx-dev Windows,Dos and Lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Windows,Dos and Lynx
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:59:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> DJGPP apps works under CWSDPMI but not under DOS386. What you don't realize,
> however, is that it's _DJ_ who is violating the DOS Protected Mode Interface,

I appreciate some of this discussion, but I would suggest that we are
not getting anywhere. If someone with a better understanding of the
interaction between the different programs and the operating system
wants to provide a patch or instructions on how to get lynx to actually
work under Windows 3.x, many people would be grateful. If not, I would
suggest ending this thread. Until someone comes up with a method of lynx
working under Windows 3.x, the answer to the common question should be:
"No, lynx doesn't work under Windows 3.x yet, but the problem is being
looked at. There may be a solution in the future. In the meantime, you
can try to use the DOS port after exiting from Windows."
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)