lynx-dev Lynx won't interrupt URL guessing process

From: Jacob Poon
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx won't interrupt URL guessing process
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 17:59:53 -0400

Tested on:
==========

Lynx 2.7.2 (Sun)

When I manually entered this URL:

  cs.utronto.ca/~gt

It gave the following message:

  Looking up www.cs.utronto.ca.org

When I press 'z' key, Lynx did not interrupt this URL lookup as it
normally does when I enter a complete URL.  The screen halted for a minute
or two, until I suspended Lynx then came back with following messages:

  Getting file://localhost/homes/u2/csc324h/a324poon/cs.utronto.ca/~gt
  Can't Access `file://localhost/homes/u/csc324h/a324poon/cs.utronto.ca/~gt'
  Alert!: Unable to access document.

The INTERRUPT command was improperly disabled if network transmission was
started only by typing in an incomplete URL, until Lynx returns with error
or finds URL Lynx had guessed.