lynx-dev DOS patch for lynx2.8.1dev.17

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev DOS patch for lynx2.8.1dev.17
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 22:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

I cleaned up some of the code, removing references to DOSRAWKEYHACK,
which is no longer used. I also modified the dos makefile for libwww and
makefile.dsl to default to using display_partial. I think that similar
changes could be made in makefile.dos and makefile.wsl, but haven't
tried compiling those versions yet with the partial display code.
Lastly, I modified INSTALLATION to reflect the successful use of slang
with the dos port and the now confusing alternatives when compiling the
dos port, along with some other updates. As always, comments from others
who use the DOS port about these changes are welcome.

*** lynx2-8-1/INSTALLATION      Thu Jun 25 13:40:54 1998
--- lynx2-8-1/INSTALLATION.new  Sat Jul  4 21:45:08 1998
***************
*** 522,553 ****
      zlib.h and zconf.h in the include subdirectory.

      In addition to the files in the Lynx distribution, you will need a
!     curses package and a TCP package.  You can use PDCurses (available at
      "http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/";) and the DJGPP port of WATTCP
      (available in two different versions at "ftp://neonatal.sm.ic.ac.uk/";
!     and in "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/source/djgpp.zip";).
!     You can also use slang ("ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slang";) as your
!     curses library.  It has not been fully ported to DOS yet, however.
!     See "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1097/msg00390.html";.  You
!     need to compile these before you go any further. If you wish to use the
!     beta version of PDCurses 2.3, you need to first apply a patch (available
at
      "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0997/msg00441.html";).
      Most of the patch has already been applied if you get the latest
      beta version. If you have trouble applying the patch, we recommend
      that you use the "patch" program,
!     ("http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/pat25b.zip";).
!     The WATTCP TCPLIB sources also need to be patched prior to compilation.
!     See "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1197/msg00403.html";.

      To read the Unix man style documentation, use, for example, "less"
      ("http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/lss332b.zip";).
      Compile or place your compiled PDCurses library in lynx2-*/curses, and
      compile or place your compiled WATTCP library in lynx2-*/djgpp/tcplib.

!     Move to the "lynx2-*/WWW/Library/djgpp" directory and do "make".  This
!     should compile libwww.a.  Next move to the "lynx2-*/src/chrtrans"
      directory and do "make -f makefile.dos" to compile the character tables.
!     Then move to the "lynx2-*/src" directory and do "make -f makefile.dos".
      If all goes well, you will have a lynx.exe file.  If you have trouble,
      check to be sure djgpp.env is the way it came in the original package.

--- 522,567 ----
      zlib.h and zconf.h in the include subdirectory.

      In addition to the files in the Lynx distribution, you will need a
!     curses package and a TCP package. You can use PDCurses (available at
      "http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/";) and the DJGPP port of WATTCP
      (available in two different versions at "ftp://neonatal.sm.ic.ac.uk/";
!     and in "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/source/djgpp.zip";). You
!     can also use slang ("ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slang";) as your
!     curses library. You need to compile these before you go any further.
!     If you wish to use the beta version of PDCurses 2.3, you need to
!     first apply a patch (available at
      "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0997/msg00441.html";).
      Most of the patch has already been applied if you get the latest
      beta version. If you have trouble applying the patch, we recommend
      that you use the "patch" program,
!     ("http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/pat25b.zip";). The
!     WATTCP TCPLIB sources also need to be patched prior to compilation. See
!     "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1197/msg00403.html";.

      To read the Unix man style documentation, use, for example, "less"
      ("http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/lss332b.zip";).
      Compile or place your compiled PDCurses library in lynx2-*/curses, and
      compile or place your compiled WATTCP library in lynx2-*/djgpp/tcplib.
+     If using the SLANG library, put libslang.a in your DJGPP/lib
+     directory and put slang.h and slcurses.h in your DJGPP/include
+     directory, or in the appropriate directories specified by LIBRARY_PATH
+     and INCLUDE_PATH in your DJGPP.ENV file.

!     Move to the "lynx2-*/WWW/Library/djgpp" directory and do "make". This
!     should compile libwww.a. Next move to the "lynx2-*/src/chrtrans"
      directory and do "make -f makefile.dos" to compile the character tables.
!     Then move to the "lynx2-*/src" directory. There are three choices for
!     compiling at this point. You can do "make -f makefile.dos" to compile
!     with PDCurses, "make -f makefile.wsl" to compile with SLANG, or
!     "make -f makefile.dsl" to compile with SLANG and the DJGPP keyhandler.
!     At the time of this writing, it is not clear what the advantages and
!     disadvantages of each version are. The PDCurses version has the most
!     experience and allows remapping of ALT and Function keys. The SLANG
!     version seems to have better screen handling. It allows mapping of
!     function keys, but not ALT keys. The SLANG with DJGPP keyhandler allows
!     mapping of ALT and Function keys, but has the risk of incompatibilities
!     from mixing different programs.
!
      If all goes well, you will have a lynx.exe file.  If you have trouble,
      check to be sure djgpp.env is the way it came in the original package.

***************
*** 566,573 ****
      "ftp://jazz.trumpet.com.au/slipper";.  To remove it from memory use
      termin.com (usage "termin 0x60"), available in the CRYNWR package.  To
      connect over a dialup PPP connection you need dosppp or klos' pppshare.
!     (Find at "http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/pktdrvr/dosppp05.zip";
!     and "ftp://ftp.klos.com/demo/pppshare.exe";.)

      See "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm"; for more hints and some
      precompiled libraries.  One problem you can run into is when editing
--- 580,600 ----
      "ftp://jazz.trumpet.com.au/slipper";.  To remove it from memory use
      termin.com (usage "termin 0x60"), available in the CRYNWR package.  To
      connect over a dialup PPP connection you need dosppp or klos' pppshare.
!     (Find at:
!     "http://mvmpc9.ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de/c:/user/toni/dosppp/dosppp06.zip";,
!     "http://personal.redestb.es/tonilop/dosppp/dosppp06.zip";, or
!     "ftp://ftp.agate.net/users/01935/internet/dosppp06.zip";;
!     "ftp://ftp.klos.com/demo/pppshare.exe";.)
!
!
!     File access looks like this:
!
!     file:///c:/
!     file:///c:/dos
!     file:///c:/dos/command.com
!     file://localhost/c:/
!     file://localhost/c:/dos
!     file://localhost/c:/dos/command.com

      See "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm"; for more hints and some
      precompiled libraries.  One problem you can run into is when editing
***************
*** 763,787 ****
      The proxy and no_proxy variables also can be set at run time via
      lynx.cfg.

! 2. Win32 (95/NT) and 386 DOS (adapted from "readme.txt" by Wayne Buttles)

      HOME         Where to keep the bookmark file and personal config files.
-     LYNX_CFG     The full path and filename for lynx.cfg
      TEMP or TMP  Bookmarks are kept here with no HOME.  Temp files here.
!     TERM         Set TERM=vt100 to stop that annoying terminal type message.
!     USER         Tells Lynx you are real instead of an anonymous user(?)

      386 version only:
!     WATTCP.CFG   Where to find the wattcp.cfg file.
      (Depending on how you compiled libtcp.a, you may have to use WATCONF.)

      Define these in your batch file for running Lynx.  For example, if your
!     application line is "D:\win32\lynx.bat", lynx.bat may look like:
        @ECHO OFF
        set home=d:\win32
        set temp=d:\tmp
        set lynx_cfg=d:\win32\lynx.cfg
        d:\win32\lynx.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

  VIII. Acknowledgment
--- 790,835 ----
      The proxy and no_proxy variables also can be set at run time via
      lynx.cfg.

! 2. Win32 (95/NT) and 386 DOS (adapted from "readme.txt" by Wayne Buttles and
!    "readme.dos" by Doug Kaufman)
!
!     Here are some environment variables that should be set, usually in a
!     batch file that runs the lynx executable. Make sure that you have enough
!     room left in your environment. You may need to change your "SHELL="
!     setting in config.sys. In addition, lynx looks for a "SHELL" environment
!     variable when shelling to DOS.  If  you wish to preserve the environment
!     space when shelling, put a line like this in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file also
!     "SET SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:2048". It should match CONFIG.SYS.

      HOME         Where to keep the bookmark file and personal config files.
      TEMP or TMP  Bookmarks are kept here with no HOME.  Temp files here.
!     USER         Set to your login name
!     LYNX_CFG     Set to the full path and filename for lynx.cfg

      386 version only:
!     WATTCP.CFG   Set to the full path for the WATTCP.CFG directory
      (Depending on how you compiled libtcp.a, you may have to use WATCONF.)

      Define these in your batch file for running Lynx.  For example, if your
!     application line is "D:\win32\lynx.bat", lynx.bat for Win32 may look like:
        @ECHO OFF
        set home=d:\win32
        set temp=d:\tmp
        set lynx_cfg=d:\win32\lynx.cfg
        d:\win32\lynx.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
+
+     In lynx_386, a typical batch file might look like:
+
+         @echo off
+         set HOME=f:/lynx2-8
+         set USER=your_login_name
+         set LYNX_CFG=%HOME%/lynx.cfg
+         set WATTCP.CFG=%HOME%
+         f:\lynx2-8\lynx %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
+
+     You will also need to make sure that the WATTCP.CFG file has the
+     correct information for IP number, Gateway, Netmask, and Domain Name
+     Server. This can also be automated in the batch file.

  VIII. Acknowledgment
*** lynx2-8-1/src/LYGlobalDefs.h        Thu Jun  4 09:19:50 1998
--- lynx2-8-1/src/LYGlobalDefs.h.new    Sat Jul  4 20:00:20 1998
***************
*** 332,341 ****
  extern BOOLEAN LYPrependCharsetToSource;
  extern BOOLEAN LYQuitDefaultYes;

- #ifdef RAWDOSKEYHACK
- extern BOOLEAN raw_dos_key_hack; /* Turn on and off DOS key hack */
- #endif /* RAWDOSKEYHACK */
-
  #ifndef VMS
  extern BOOLEAN LYNoCore;
  #endif /* !VMS */
--- 332,337 ----
*** lynx2-8-1/src/LYMain.c      Thu Jun 11 05:28:28 1998
--- lynx2-8-1/src/LYMain.c.new  Sat Jul  4 20:01:20 1998
***************
*** 208,216 ****
  #ifdef USE_EXTERNALS
  PUBLIC BOOLEAN no_externals = FALSE;
  #endif
- #ifdef RAWDOSKEYHACK
- PUBLIC BOOLEAN raw_dos_key_hack = TRUE;
- #endif /* RAWDOSKEYHACK */
  PUBLIC BOOLEAN no_inside_telnet = FALSE;
  PUBLIC BOOLEAN no_outside_telnet = FALSE;
  PUBLIC BOOLEAN no_telnet_port = FALSE;
--- 208,213 ----
*** lynx2-8-1/lynx.cfg  Thu Jun  4 09:19:50 1998
--- lynx2-8-1/lynx.cfg.new      Sat Jul  4 19:55:12 1998
***************
*** 1746,1768 ****
  #
  # EXTERNAL:ftp:wget %s &:TRUE

- # Raw DOS Key hack
- # If RAW_DOS_KEY_HACK is set to FALSE, it will bypass the DOS key hack.
- # The DOS key hack is only present if compiled with -DRAWDOSKEYHACK
- # The hack is as follows:
- # if (c == 0) c = '/';
- # if (c > 255) {      /* handle raw dos keys */
- #             switch (c)
- #             {
- #                     case 464: c = '-'; break;  /* keypad minus*/
- #                     case 465: c = '+'; break;  /* keypad plus*/
- #                     case 459: c = 13; break;  /* keypad enter*/
- #                     case 463: c = '*'; break;  /* keypad * */
- #                     case 440: c = 'Q'; break;  /* alt x */
- #                     case 265: c = 'H'; break;  /* F1 */
- #                     default: break;
- #             }
- #     }
- #
- # RAW_DOS_KEY_HACK:TRUE
-
--- 1746,1748 ----
*** lynx2-8-1/src/LYReadCFG.c   Sun May 10 20:51:04 1998
--- lynx2-8-1/src/LYReadCFG.c.new       Sat Jul  4 20:02:28 1998
***************
*** 898,906 ****
       PARSE_SET("prepend_base_to_source", CONF_BOOL, LYPrependBaseToSource),
       PARSE_SET("prepend_charset_to_source", CONF_BOOL,
LYPrependCharsetToSource),
       PARSE_FUN("printer", CONF_FUN, printer_fun),
- #ifdef RAWDOSKEYHACK
-      PARSE_SET("raw_dos_key_hack", CONF_BOOL, raw_dos_key_hack),
- #endif
       PARSE_SET("quit_default_yes", CONF_BOOL, LYQuitDefaultYes),
       PARSE_STR("save_space", CONF_STR, lynx_save_space),
       PARSE_SET("scan_for_buried_news_refs", CONF_BOOL,
scan_for_buried_news_references),
--- 898,903 ----
*** lynx2-8-1/src/makefile.dsl  Thu May 14 07:01:12 1998
--- lynx2-8-1/src/makefile.dsl.new      Sat Jul  4 21:52:46 1998
***************
*** 12,18 ****
  CFLAGS= $(MCFLAGS) -I. -I.. $(SLANGINC)

  CC = gcc
! MCFLAGS = -O3 -DUSE_ZLIB -DUSE_EXTERNALS \
  -DUSE_SLANG -DDJGPP_KEYHANDLER -DACCESS_AUTH -DNO_CUSERID \
  -DNOUSERS -DDOSPATH -DNO_TTYTYPE -DNO_UTMP -I../WWW/library/implement
-I../djgpp/tcplib/include \
  -I./chrtrans -I../djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp
--- 12,18 ----
  CFLAGS= $(MCFLAGS) -I. -I.. $(SLANGINC)

  CC = gcc
! MCFLAGS = -O3 -DDISP_PARTIAL -DUSE_ZLIB -DUSE_EXTERNALS \
  -DUSE_SLANG -DDJGPP_KEYHANDLER -DACCESS_AUTH -DNO_CUSERID \
  -DNOUSERS -DDOSPATH -DNO_TTYTYPE -DNO_UTMP -I../WWW/library/implement
-I../djgpp/tcplib/include \
  -I./chrtrans -I../djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp
*** lynx2-8-1/WWW/Library/djgpp/makefile        Sat Apr 18 15:29:08 1998
--- lynx2-8-1/WWW/Library/djgpp/makefile.new    Sat Jul  4 18:52:38 1998
***************
*** 7,13 ****
  # The ASIS repository's name for the machine we are on
  #ASIS_MACH = hardware/os

! CFLAGS = -O3 -DUSE_ZLIB -DDOSPATH -DNOUSERS -DDEBUG \
  -I../implemen \
  -I../../../djgpp/tcplib/include \
  -I../../../djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp \
--- 7,13 ----
  # The ASIS repository's name for the machine we are on
  #ASIS_MACH = hardware/os

! CFLAGS = -O3 -DUSE_ZLIB -DDOSPATH -DNOUSERS -DDEBUG -DDISP_PARTIAL \
  -I../implemen \
  -I../../../djgpp/tcplib/include \
  -I../../../djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp \

__