Re: lynx-dev Form based options menu

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Form based options menu
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 13:23:27 +0400 (MSD)

>      * From: address@hidden (Mike Castle)
> Is anyone currently working on a forms based options menu?
>
> I have the start of something in progress at the moment, but nothing ready
> to release quite yet.
> The biggest problem is what to do with that bunch of code right after the
> current call to option().
>
> Basically, there's a BIG if statement that checks to see if any of the
> items that got changed affect the current page.  Personally, I'm not
> certain *why* that needs to be the case.  After all, if you continue to pop
> pages with the new settings, you're most likely not going to be reloading
> those from the server.  So why treat the current page special?

Why not to leave BIG if as is for the moment? It *works*.

You speak about mainloop in LYMainLoop.c, just after the options() call.
As far as I understand, settings beeng altered should be activated
on "current" page (which was before you went to Options menu).
So, changing of some settings may need to force the repaint of display only,
some may need to force the retriving from the remote server with nocache,
some may need no action for "current document" (like changing editor's path).