Re: lynx-dev searching the archive

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev searching the archive
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 14:32:22 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Philip Webb said:

> my own experience with searching the Archive is that it doesn't work
> & i don't use it these days.  perhaps we should try to find something better?

Here is where we are treading on Russell's hospitality at FLORA,
so we may want to walk softly.  He has said that he would accept
some help with the site design (I want to make it a little more
speech-friendly) when he upgrades FLORA to a newer release of
MHonArc.  We have even talked inconclusively about installing not
just a new MHonArc but also Wilma, which bundles site searching
in with the archiving.  In the context of "when..."

That would depend on the desirability of such searching for other
users of the FLORA site.

But it is a possibility.

Al