Re: lynx-dev Lynx is dying !?

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx is dying !?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:11:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
>> I really like lynx and am using it everyday for browsing on the net. But for
>> browsing on the net you need incremental rendering, caching of the html
>> source,
>> background downloading. As far as i understand, most of the lynx users only
>> use
>
>Strange.  I've used lynx literally for years, and have never seen a need for
>incremental rendering (but then, I don't go in for long html file sites -
>more text then I care to read in a 24x80 window).  Now, caching I might

Well, I do use Lynx in an 80 * 24 window (unfortunately I can't get more
than 24 high on my GS), and I would benefit from the incremental rendering.

Just last night I was searching for a bunch of movies on the IMDB (www.imdb.com)
and for some reason it would spurt out a few thousand characters, then
pretty much hang.  After I realized what it was doing, I was hitting Z
after a while to stop it, and every time saw the data I was looking for
(plot summaries).  Incremental rendering would've gotten me the same thing
without having to manually stop it.

(Yes, I know I just need a new version with this compiled in.)