Re: lynx-dev map access (was bug?)

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev map access (was bug?)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:02:46 +0900 (JST)

> > > Lynx version 2.8rel.2   OS: Solaris 2.6
> > > When accessing www.genomesystems.com via a graphical browser,
> > > I found imagemap URL I wished to access via lynx:
> > >   http://www.genomesystems.com/GDA/getsprdgda.map?60,200
> > > This URL performs a redirection to an ftp server
> > > & at some point in this process lynx dumps core.
> >
> > i had no problem with Lynx 2-8pre.2 accessing  www.genomesystems.com/GDA/
> > whose 1st link is  -/-/getsprdgda.map , which produced a list of links
> > which seemed to work, eg to search for particular genes.
> > presumably you should use Lynx to do the whole thing.
> 2.8 dumped core for me - I'll try it from work tomorrow if I've time.

It seemed to work for me, i.e., did the redirection and was downloading
from the ftp server until I got impatient around 400 kb, and pressed ^G,
at which point Lynx dumped core. (SunOS4.1.3, Slang1.2.2)

A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.1dev.21
[...]
Lynx now exiting with signal:  11
Abort (core dumped)

__Henry