Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.29 (NNTPSERVER)

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.29 (NNTPSERVER)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:48:28 -0400 (EDT)

> >> Tom, we probably should not force LYLowerCase nor LYUpperCase here:
> >> as we may see from new "Lynx.cfg Information" page,
> >> "name" and "value" hold exact case information from lynx.cfg
> >> and user is responsible for it.
> >> (but internal tbl_xx->name is lowercase of course).
> > my changelog entry may be confusing: the name read from lynx.cfg is
> > compare to the table in case-independent match with strcasecomp.  Then,
> > the table name _was_ used as the argument to getenv.  I changed the
> > argument to an uppercased string (in this instance, the working string
> > from lynx.cfg, since the table itself is const/readonly).
>
> Yes, this is not a user input (I was wrong),
> but you may put NNTPSERVER uppercase into the table
> and restore "case CONF_ENV:" as it was before dev29 with tbl->name:

I didn't do that (maybe not the best solution) because the table is ordered
by the first character of the table-names, and that would put "NNTPSERVER"
at the beginning (I reasoned that the special-treatment of the uppercase
name would be more reliably maintained by keeping the table as is).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden