Re: lynx-dev options unification

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev options unification
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 98 08:56:42 EDT

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 18:14:07 -0700,
Bela Lubkin   <address@hidden> wrote:

>Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
>
>> >   Options which have security implications can be set only from a
>> >   lynx.cfg.  "Has security implications" would be a flag in the option
>> >   structure.  Initially, we would give this flag to all options which

...>> [...]
>Look at all the options in lynx.cfg.  This would be an administration
>nightmare.  You don't want to have to edit 1000-character command lines
>even if your editor handles them...

In DOS we are limited to 126 characters on a command line; I'm not
sure what the limit is for Win95.

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/