Re: lynx-dev Bug in lynx pre11 found

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug in lynx pre11 found
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:42:39 -0700

Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Platform: SPARC Solaris 2.5.1 Sun cc compiler
>
> I typed:
>
> lynx -head ftp://sunsite.uio.no/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/README.html
>
> For output, I get:
>
> The '-head' switch is for http HEAD requests and cannot be used for
>
> 'ftp://sunsite.uio.no/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/README.html'.
>                                               lwv26awu (23882) $
>
> and my terminal is left in raw mode.
>
> It appears that lynx didn't return me to cooked mode before outputing the
> msg and exiting.

Whoops, this is my fault, for moving the turn-on-curses up a bunch and
not dealing with the various consequences.

To fix this, go into src/LYMain.c and move the three blocks of code with
the comments:

     *  Check for a valid HEAD request. - FM
     *  Check for a valid MIME headers request. - FM
     *  Check for a valid traversal request. - FM

up above the block with the comment:

     *  Finish setting up for an INTERACTIVE session.

I'm not including a patch because the patch is 124 lines of nonsense --
zero lines of code actually change, they just get moved.

This may not be the last such consequence...