Re: lynx-dev How to maintain sources with gettext() ?

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to maintain sources with gettext() ?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:28:59 -0800

Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > Sorry, you seem to have misunderstood me.  What you put into the other
> > message catalogues is "STILL_ENGLISH" followed by the "rest of message",
>
> "rest of message" speaks for itself.  No need for "STILL_ENGLISH".
> But, yes, I did misunderstand you.  :)

"STILL_ENGLISH" is a token, to make it easy to find such problems with a
tool like `grep`.  I don't happen to have a `grep` tool that can
distinguish one human language from another, unless the author tags it.

> > archive should compress even better; especially with a compressor that
> > has a large compression window, like `bzip2`.
>
> I just spent 30 minutes downloading 27Kb of 2.8.2dev.2 before I gave
> up.  I have an `at' job which will try at 3 AM.  It means I cannot
> provide feedback until next week.  I'm talking about the tar.bz2.

You know, connectivity keeps getting better and cheaper around the
world.  I certainly had less trouble with bandwidth than you when I was
traveling in the former USSR -- using one Soviet-style ISP in Moscow,
then a newfangled "cybercafe" in St. Petersburg and a small-business ISP
in Tallinn.  Surely your university will be able to afford decent
connectivity some time soon.