Re: lynx-dev gettext() question #2

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev gettext() question #2
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:40:19 +0900 (JST)

> gettext() support based on language, not character set (usually iso-8859-1).
> Lynx support a list of character sets, so a person using cpXXX display
> will be confused... Display charset generally independent from LOCALE,

NLS or gettext should allow three options to a person, 1) the system-wide
language, LOCALE, 2) the GNU locale (which anyone, given enough disk space,
etc. can set up on their own, and 3) the English defaults hardcoded in Lynx.
What more is necessary?  (I have not gotten an answer as to how gettext is
going to affect ports other than un*x, e.g., DOS, Win32, Mac, OS/2, VMS.)

__Henry