Re: lynx-dev Queries and problems

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Queries and problems
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:33:55 -0500 (EST)

981123 Ravi Kumar wrote:
> I started using Lynx yesterday on my windows machine.
> I read thru your readme that was bundled along with the lynx zip file.
> (a) Is the lynx I downloaded the latest?
> If not where can I find the latest win32 version of the same.

how could we tell ... (smile)?
the latest release is 2-8-1 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ ;

> (b) Where can I find the source code of the win32 version of lynx.
> I checked out the lynx web site, but find there are mainly links
> to UNIX VERSION. i got overwhelmed and would like to get the windows
> version of the source  ( win32 version).

the above gives you the source for all platforms:
for binaries, start at  lynx.browser.org/  & follow the links.

> (c) I am not able to set the HELPFILES to my local machine using "file:"
> protocol. Lynx says that it is not able to connect to the ftp site.I would
> like the browser to point to the local help file copy while displaying help.
> (d) I want to custimise the colours.Is it possible.

LP has already offered some help with these.
try these things out & ask again here if you have further problems.