Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2 dev 10 and cookie conflict with San Jose Mercury

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2 dev 10 and cookie conflict with San Jose Mercury?
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 20:01:02 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> I was visiting
> and noticed their link to register for delivery of electronic dispatches.
> So I went thru and successfully registered for this free service.
> Then I went to sign on, indicating that I wanted to "save the cookie".
>
> I get an error saying that the attempt to save the cookie failed.
>
> I did a trace, but I am uncertain how to interprete the results to
> find what failed.  It appears that they use dozens of cookies (???)
> for some reason.  Tracing only the signon process there is almost 2500
> lines of output,so I won't include it into this msg.
>
> However, if someone wants more details I can provide them.

If this is an error introduced by my recent LYCookie.c patches, I feel
obliged to help track it down.  If it's something that broke because
Lynx isn't accepting anymore that it would before (by mistake), I would
also like to know.

So, is this something that acted differently with earlier lynx versions?

Without further info, I am inclined to assume that the screwup is on their
side.

Maybe you can edit down the trace output.  Or else put it temporarily on a
server and make it accessible.

Did you try it _without_ accepting all cookies?  If so, did you get an

   Accept invalid cookie domain=... for '...'? (y/n)

prompt?

    Klaus