Re: lynx-dev Re: Renaming the Library GPL

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Renaming the Library GPL
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 12:40:11 +0900 (JST)

> gnu-prog is the mailing list to 'owners' of GNU distributed programs.
>
> Since we have no single 'author' the lynx-dev mailing list becomes the
> 'owner' to whom the msgs need to be distributed.

People interested in matters pertaining to "'owners' of GNU
distributed programs" should subscribe to gnu-prog.  IMHO, for
gnu-prog to automatically subscribe a _mailing list_ is plain
rude.  (Actually, I rather hope it is all a mistake that will
be cleared up.)

> where many people will be getting lynx, it is something that _someone_
> on the mailing list should note.
>
> Whoever uploaded lynx to gnu.org should be keeping it up to date.  Otherwise,

I should think that "Whoever uploaded lynx to gnu.org" would
be that "_someone_", not the whole list.

__Henry