Re: lynx-dev more on my dt_term_ problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev more on my dt_term_ problem
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:19:14 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 address@hidden wrote:
[ about putting "default" in #COLOR: settings in provided lynx.cfg ]
> sounds reasonable.
>
> > (The only problem is that that would not be compatible with
> > older versions of lynx which do recognize COLOR but not "default",
> > they would exit; that's different from adding completely new options
> > which get just ignored by older versions.)
>
> I don't think that is a problem (why would someone install a new lynx.cfg
> with an old lynx binary?)

Shell providers which have several versions of lynx under different
names might have that situation.  In general the philosophy of lynx.cfg
seems to have always been to be compatible with older versions.

Those lines are commented out anyway.  But maybe there should be a
warning, which will be seen when someone removes the #'s.

  Klaus