Re: lynx-dev Bug Report

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug Report
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:07:55 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Arnab Banerjee wrote:

>Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:28:54 +0530 (IST)
>From: Arnab Banerjee <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: lynx-dev Bug Report
>
>While I was surfing,something wen wrong.I got this message:
>
>A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.7
>
>Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug, and
>if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports should
>have concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which causes
>the problem, the operating system name with version number, the
>TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.
>
>Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.
>
>Lynx now exiting with signal:  11
>

>quota_ufs: over hard disk limit (pid 4798, uid 1553, inum 601662, fs
>/home1)
>
>quota_ufs: Warning: over disk limit (pid 4798, uid 1553, inum 601662, fs
>/home1)
>        Abort
>arnabban >
>

>What's going on?

You are using up too much disk space.  UNIX has the ability to limit how much
disk space each user is using, and you are exceeding that limit.

Type "quota" (without the quotes) at a UNIX command line, and you'll see how
much disk space you are using and how big your limit is.

To alleviate it, either delete files (after downloading them to your own
computer if necessary) or compress files you don't need frequent access to...
through a program such as compress, gzip, or many others.