Re: lynx-dev Problem with ^Z suspending: more ncurses

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with ^Z suspending: more ncurses
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 11:30:55 -0500 (EST)

990129 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> 990129 Henry Nelson wrote:
>> does the "screen" program fit into this discussion?
>> Nearly 100% of the time I run lynx not directly from the shell prompt
>> but as an argument to screen, i.e., "screen lynx".
> screen will complicate things a little

this whole thread seems far from Lynx,
but i'm carefully saving most of KW's contributions for future reference.

FWIW i have an unresolved problem using Screen (which is generally great):
the little system editor i use -- a subset of Emacs --
assigns meanings to the F-keys (eg F4 is set mark, F5 delete block),
which are unassigned when i (re)start Kermit,
but persist after i have exited the editor.
Screen recognises the bindings iff they have already been set,
so i have to remember to do an empty edit before restoring Screen
each time i log back onto the system.

i'm not asking for advice about this,
simply offering further information about the phenomenon under discussion.