lynx-dev Re: [dev.15] fixup patch: edit TEXTAREA

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [dev.15] fixup patch: edit TEXTAREA
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:53:48 -0800

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999, address@hidden (address@hidden) said:

| > Anyway, since the test for control chars is coded as (*cp < ' '),
| > there again shouldn't be a problem, if the compiler is doing the
| > right thing.
|
| why not simply use iscntrl?

Habit, I suppose ... (*cp < ' ') works well for both ASCII and EBCDIC
(though I suppose there might be a problem with CDC's Display Character
char set ... my 6600 refs are boxed away someplace).  :-)

Also, I guess I don't trust compiler folks as much as I do the hardware,
having seen some implementations of isspace() that included VT and/or
FF, and some that didn't.  That's why I didn't use it originally, but
put the comment about "portability" next to the original code.

Feel free to change it if you like ...

/kim