Re: lynx-dev Re: [dev.15] fixup patch: edit TEXTAREA

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [dev.15] fixup patch: edit TEXTAREA
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 09:59:29 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, address@hidden said:

> Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 05:59:44 -0500 (EST)
>
> > Anyway, since the test for control chars is coded as (*cp < ' '),
> > there again shouldn't be a problem, if the compiler is doing the
> > right thing.
>
> why not simply use iscntrl?

How portable are the is***(char) functions.  I understand they do
not give predictable results on all systems unless the argument
is in the range 0..127.

Along this line, there's a dreadful macro definition in HTUtils.h:

    /*      Inline Function WHITE: Is character c white space? */
    /*      For speed, include all control characters */

    #define WHITE(c) (((unsigned char)(TOASCII(c))) <= 32)

I've pondered replacing this with "isspace(c)", but shied away
because of concerns such as mentioned in this thread.

-- gil