Re: lynx-dev Textarea notes

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Textarea notes
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 09:06:54 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> 2. Re: my need to type ^V^VE to get a text area into an editor.
> I don't know how much of my "^V" situation has to do with SPARC, Solaris 2.6
> or screen 3.07.06beta .  My lynx was compiled on SPARC Solaris 2.6 using
> Sun's c compiler and ncurses 4.2 patched thru last weekend.
> Within lynx, I see these differences in my tty's terminal driver settings:
> [ snipped ]
>
> Notice that for some reason, lynx is changing eof, not changing lnext,
> setting -icrnl, -icanon, -echo, -onlcr and removing tab3.

Does toggling stty -iexten change anything?  (Make sure it sticks.)

You could change the lnext character yourself.

For Linux, my current theory is that handling changed in the kernel
itself (tty driver). I used to have to do ^V^V at some time in the
past (either only with slang or only with curses IIRC), now I never
have to.

   Klaus