Re: lynx-dev Textarea notes - on ^V

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Textarea notes - on ^V
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:30:25 -0500 (EST)

> > Maybe there is already a function in your curses with the effect of
> > turning iexten off - if you want to test, find the part in LYCurses.c
>
> I'm using ncurses 4.2 patched up thru the Jan 30th 1999 patches.  Tom,
> do you know if there is already a function for that?

from man stty:

     iexten (-iexten)    Enable (disable) special control charac-
                         ters not currently controlled by icanon,
                         isig, ixon,  or  ixoff:  VEOLZ,  VSWTCH,
                         VREPRINT, VDISCARD, VDSUSP, VWERASE, and
                         VLNEXT.

I don't think (n)curses does that (it sounds like an intermediate step between
cbreak and raw mode).  If my impression is correct, you could in principal
modify the terminal settings to iexten after calling cbreak.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden