Re: lynx-dev partial message (was Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH))

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev partial message (was Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH))
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 05:19:02 -0500 (EST)

> > > is rather buggy for me.  Specifically, when I insert (i in vi)
> > > characters,
> >
> > well - we're probably doing something different.  can you make a typescript
>
> I don't know what it means to "make a typescript".  Sorry.
see 'man script' (below). runs on most Unix boxes

> Do you have a reference URL or some document I can study?
>
> > > the line does not move to the right as I insert, but rather the input
> > > over-
> > > writes what is there until moving out of insert mode (esc in vi) when
> > > every
> >
> > I don't see this either (Tera Term Pro 2.3 on Solaris 2.6 with vi)
>
> Would stty settings make a difference?  My .login file contains (csh):
>       if ($status == 0) stty pass8 icanon erase '^H'
I don't think so - but insert-mode is togglable.  The only problem in that
area that I would know of isn't applicable to the terminfo I made.  From
man terminfo:

     terminfo can describe both terminals  that  have  an  insert
     mode  and  terminals  which send a simple sequence to open a
     blank position on  the  current  line.   Give  as  smir  the
     sequence to get into insert mode.  Give as rmir the sequence
     to leave insert mode.  Now give as ich1 any sequence  needed
     to be sent just before sending the character to be inserted.

Perhaps your terminal's not in insert-mode for some reason.  (My copy
of teraterm works properly afaik).

> __Henry

User Commands                                           script(1)

NAME
     script - make record of a terminal session

SYNOPSIS
     script [ -a ] [ filename ]

DESCRIPTION
     script makes a record of everything printed on your  screen.
     The  record  is  written  to  filename.   If no file name is
     given, the record is saved in the file typescript.

     The script command forks and creates a sub-shell,  according
     to  the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this ses-
     sion.  The script ends when the forked shell exits  or  when
     CTRL-D is typed.

OPTIONS
     -a   Append the session  record  to  filename,  rather  than
          overwrite it.

NOTES
     script places everything  that  appears  on  the  screen  in
     filename, including prompts.

ATTRIBUTES
     See attributes(5) for descriptions of the  following  attri-
     butes:

     __________________________________
    | ATTRIBUTE TYPE|  ATTRIBUTE VALUE|
    | Availability  |  SUNWcsu        |
    | CSI           |  enabled        |

SEE ALSO
     attributes(5)

SunOS 5.6            Last change: 8 Feb 1994                    1

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden