Re: lynx-dev dev17 problem (still)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev17 problem (still)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:03:06 -0500 (EST)

990218 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> did dev16 work - or what was the last version that you built?

the last version i built was 2-8-1rel.1 ,
so whatever has started failing is some change since then.

>> 990217 i reported:
>>  configure  reported it was using  cc  &  curses  (system versions),
>> it couldn't find library for  inet_addr  function (warning),
> let's start with this one (inet_addr),
> since afaik there were no more problems with that.

by all means, but i don't know what to do about it: is it new since 2-8-1 ?
i've tried with  file://localhost/filepath , which displays  10 pp  garbage,
so it's not at the Internet end of Lynx, but at my (terminal) end.

>> it didn't accept my local  lynx.cfg , using the system version instead
> "didn't accept" (I don't follow: configure doesn't do anything with it)

when  configure  creates  lynx_cfg.h  it assigns a path to  lynx.cfg :
with 2-8-1 , it assigned correctly:

 #define LYNX_CFG_FILE "/homes/purslow/lr1/lynx2-8-1/lynx.cfg" \
 /* $libdir/lynx.cfg */

with 2-8-2dev.17 , it assigned incorrectly:

 #define LYNX_CFG_FILE "/usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg" /*$libdir/lynx.cfg */

my  configure  script for 2-8-2dev.17 (like 2-8-1) contains the switch:

 --libdir=$HOME/ld17/lynx2-8-2

but apparently this is not being followed by  configure .
NB this is A problem, but not THE main problem,
which still occurred with  -cfg=  correctly defined.

THE problem has to be related in some way to keyboard/screen interface,
presumably something which has changed since 2-8-1:
it won't accept simple keystroke commands & displays garbage.

>> i can submit the configure script i use
>> (unchanged from 2-8-1, except for subdirectory locations)
>> &  diff  files for the  config.cache  &  lynx_cfg.h  files
>> for 2-8-1rel.1 & 2-8-2dev.17 .

again, would any of these help?  (and don't forget to sleep (smile))