lynx-dev VIEWER: line not working in lynx.cfg in Lynx 2.8.1rel.2

From: Jean-Pierre Moreau
Subject: lynx-dev VIEWER: line not working in lynx.cfg in Lynx 2.8.1rel.2
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 19:00:29 -0500

I run  Lynx 2.8.1rel.2 (1998)  on a GNU+Linux of Slackware-3.3 on a
PC, 80486, ...
Lynx was compiled and installed without problems on this PC: 1998/11/26.

It runs perfectly (thank you every one there!) since then.

Today, I changed one line in /usr/local/lynx/lib/lynx.cfg:
    #VIEWER:application/postscript:ghostview %s&:XWINDOWS
    VIEWER:application/postscript:gv %s&:XWINDOWS

I also tried this, with complete path to gv command:
    VIEWER:application/postscript:/usr/local/bin/gv %s&:XWINDOWS
and tried without the '&' too, since no '&' in the example above this
line.
I know it is the good config file, since this line is seen from the
Lynx information page:
    =   ->   (compile time settings)  ->  your lynx.cfg file
(note: there is an error on Lynx on-line help of how to go to
       'your lynx configuration file')

But when a PostScript file is 'clicked-on (in the lynx way)', Lynx
continue to call ghostview, not gv.

I did even make an entry in newly created file
/usr/local/lib/mosaic/mime.types:
     application/postscript; gv %s; ;  test=test -n "$DISPLAY"
but ghostview continue to be called.