lynx-dev Re: Problem with PPPD for Dos (0.6 beta)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Problem with PPPD for Dos (0.6 beta)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 07:46:30 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, RYA wrote (to me instead of the list):

>         I set gateway to 255.255.255.255 - no effect = ping.exe doesn't
> work.I set netmask to 255.255.255.255 as well - no effect.

To get lynx to work in DOS, you must have the correct settings in
your WATTCP.CFG file. When you run EPPPD.EXE from the DOSPPP package,
it creates a file when it connects called IP-UP.BAT. Look at this
file. It has settings for "myip" "remip" and "netmask". These need to
be transferred to your WATTCP.CFG file before you try to run lynx.
The value for "myip" goes in the WATTCP.CFG as "my_ip". The value
for "remip" goes in as "gateway". The value for "netmask" goes in
as "netmask". The values for gateway and netmask will not generally
change for your ISP, but the value for "my_ip" may be different every
time that you connect.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman