Re: (PATCH) strange HTTP/HTCheckForInterrupt() bug lynx-dev

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: (PATCH) strange HTTP/HTCheckForInterrupt() bug lynx-dev
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 01:24:59 +0400 (MSD)

29-Mar-99 16:50 Bela Lubkin wrote:
> This fixes one of the reported problems (characters other than INTERRUPT
> causing the DNS lookup delay to be shortened).  It also fixes a serious
> problem that I noticed while looking into the other reports: if fork()
> failed, we were blindly going ahead and doing who knows what, including
> kill(-1, SIGTERM)!  On my system, that means "send SIGTERM to every
> process with my UID" -- bad news indeed.

> But I don't think that's what Leonid was running into.  That's something
> else, possibly the need to signal((various signals), quench) *before*
> fork().

> CHANGES:

>   * Behave sanely if NSL_FORK fork() fails. -BL
>   * NSL_FORK try for dns_patience *seconds*, not dns_patience select()
>     calls, which might have been shortened by keyboard input. -BL
>   * Fix some screwy comment indentation.

> uuencoded (and gzip'd) to try to preserve spaces/tabs.

>>Bela<

Today I got the same strange buged behaviour, now with dev22.
Perhaps I press "z" in a "bad" moment (during DNS search or a little later).
^Z spawn me to a shell and "fg" return me back without visible problems.

Exiting via interrupt: 15

[1]+  Stopped                 lynx
address@hidden pauzner]$ ps -a
  PID TTY STAT  TIME COMMAND