lynx-dev Wish list item (maybe)

From: Nicholas Bodley
Subject: lynx-dev Wish list item (maybe)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 02:04:16 -0400 (EDT)

>From a ridiculously-loyal user:

Sorry if this has been fixed. Not too rarely, the name server chain
involved in looking up a given oddball URL seems too busy, and I'm
staring at the "Looking up..." message for as long as two minutes.

The Z key is dead! Can't "back out"; iirc, even a ^C is ignored. A
^Z does no especial good. (Have forgotten whether it's active in
this situation) (I could be mean, and invoke another Lynx...).
Basically, I might well be deep into some hierarchy, and not want to
tear down the whole thing, which ^C would do, iirc.

Maybe I don't understand, but an active Z key while waiting for a
lookup would be really welcome, and to me, seems not too hard to
enable, but I don't know.

Shell account, Lynx 2.7.1 libwww-FM[something]; wish my ISP would
update! Planning to change ISPs; too much intermittent and
severe character echo delay.

With great appreciation for one very fine piece of work,