Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.24a.patch.gz

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.24a.patch.gz
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 06:29:30 -0700

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999, address@hidden (address@hidden) said:

| Here's another try at LYSafeGets - please see if it does indeed fix
| the cookie problem.

That seems to do the trick, given the (limited) testing I've been able
to do thus far (cookiejar file gets written OK; new cookies added and
reused OK; old cookies used OK).

Where "OK" == "cookie usage seemingly correct" ... I dunno if cookie
expiration, invalid cookie ops, cookie accept/reject domain ops, or
any other such "background" cookie operations are working properly
(though I suspect such things shouldn't have been affected by the new
code that ended up introducing the bug in the first place ... still,
they should probably be revalidated by someone that "tunes" their
cookie usage more than just "accept all", which is what I'm using).

Anyway, thanks to both you and Klaus ...!

/kim