Re: lynx-dev Errors Compiling 2.8.1 Under Digital OSF4.0d

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Errors Compiling 2.8.1 Under Digital OSF4.0d
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:12:28 -0400 (EDT)

> Good morning, everyone.
>
> We are in the progress of updating Lynx on our new Digital AlphaServer
> with Digital Unix 4.0d.
>
> This error message is received running the configure at line 913:
>
> checking for style of include in makefiles... configure: error: Your make
> program does not support includes
>
> Any suggestions as to how to correct the error running configure?

I removed that detail (includes) in the most recent development version.
You can either download that (2-8-2dev.25) or get GNU make.

The current version of lynx is 2.8.1 (2.8.2 in development)
It's available at
        http://lynx.browser.org
        http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/release

(I've built lynx with the standard make on both DU 3.2 and 4.0d - though
now that you mention it, it doesn't properly support includes).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden