lynx-dev Problem posting data

From: Shaun
Subject: lynx-dev Problem posting data
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 19:42:28 -0400 (EDT)

I am attempting to automate some alpha pages to my beeper via a
cgi-bin app the beeper vendor has online. I wrote a little shell
script that looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
#
echo "PIN=5551212&MSSG=$1" > /tmp/page
echo '---' >> /tmp/page
#
lynx -post_data < /tmp/page http://www.pagercom.com/cgi-bin/wwwpage.exe

Here's the problem...This works great using version 2.7.1 of lynx,
which I have on one of my systems (luckily)...but it doesn't work
using version 2.8.1rel1 of lynx on another system I have here. Now
I originally had the lynx call looking like this:

lynx -post_data http://www.pagercom.com/cgi-bin/wwwpage.exe < /tmp/page

until I saw a message in the lynx mailing archives that suggested the
URL last on the cmdline for another problem involving -get_data, so
I figured, why not give it a shot. But either way fails with this
error message:

Exiting via interrupt: 15

lynx: Can't access startfile http://www.pagercom.com/cgi-bin/wwwpage.exe

The two systems are both running FreeBSD if that helps at all.

Anyone have a clue why the newer version of lynx barfs on this?
Is there a better method to get this to work? Should this work?

P.S. The URL in the above examples is ficticious.

+-- http://www.download.net ------------- http://www.thecore.com --+
| Shaun M. Finn                    TechnoCore Communications, Inc. |
| address@hidden               Internet Web Services & Access  |
| VOICE: (732)928-7400             P.O. Box 106                    |
|   FAX: (732)928-7402             Jackson, NJ 08527-0106          |