Re: lynx-dev Hi

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Hi
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:58:03 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi, everyone.
> If I want to port the lynx from text-based to SVGA LIB in linux
> (just want to display the pictures and make the web pages look
> more pretty), what should I pay attention to ?
> How long will I take ? Is it possible ?

I haven't looked to see how SVGA LIB would do text - I've seen a couploe
of applications using it, and have an impression that it has some limited
ability to draw text.  So you "could" port Lynx to it.  But the pictures
need spacing - you'd have to figure out how to allocate space for them
on the display.  Lynx uses curses for display - the interface is fairly
straightforward, but there's the underlying assumptions about the screen
layout.

-- maybe 2-3 months if you know what you're doing.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden